Sunday, December 4, 2011

Baptism Day

 Bernadette was baptized on Sunday. You know what I love most about a baptism well besides that my baby is washed of original sin, the chrism. Thats right I love that smell. I am not quite sure what it is about the chrism but I always ask the priest to apply it heavily and I usually don't wash my little one's hair for about a week after the baptism I love that smell so much!!  I used the baptismal gown that my mom had made for my brothers and I.  I have used this gown for the other two children as well.  One of these days I think I will get it embroidered with my and my brothers baptism dates and then with my children's baptism dates and someday maybe I will be lucky enough to hand it down my beautiful little children.

I made the cake and while it was super tasty I used a new buttercream icing recipe and the icing was amazing but it was just hard to frost the cake so I wasn't quite as pleased with how the cake looked had I used a different icing.
It was nice to get together with family and close friends and celebrate Bernadette.  She is such a sweet baby and I love her so much.  Here are a few pics of our little chunky monkey love.


d














No comments: